Organic Herbal Teas
What are infusions?
Infusions or tisanes are teas made from the leaves, seeds, flowers, roots or fruits of all plants with the exception of the Camellia sinensis plant, as the leaves of this plant are used to make the so-called true teas: green tea, black tea, white tea, oolong tea and red tea. The infusions have been used as home remedies for thousands of years.
Before the invention of modern medicine, herbs and seeds were used to treat everything from infections to rashes and fevers. Although many of them have been around for hundreds, if not thousands of years, some still need more research to prove their benefits. However, one thing is for sure: herbal teas have been deeply ingrained in our lives, and are often much more than just herbal remedies.
Benefits of herbal teas
It's no secret that tea is a popular choice for people who want to improve their health naturally. Unlike coffee and regular teas, most herbal teas do not contain caffeine or theine. They also contain nutrients, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that vary depending on the herbal blend.
The typical health benefits of herbal tea consumption are relaxation, pain reduction and improvement of body systems such as the digestive and immune systems. Here are the main health benefits of drinking herbal teas:
- Relaxation: herbal teas are a natural and safe alternative to help combat stress and anxiety. The relaxing properties of herbal teas can also help with sleep disorders such as insomnia. Some herbs with great relaxing properties are peppermint, chamomile, lemon balm or lavender.
- Strengthens the immune system: Even people who do not drink herbal teas regularly are aware of the positive effects they offer in terms of immunity. That is why most of us choose to drink a hot cup when we feel unwell. Herbs such as nettle, thyme, fennel and olive leaf have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that boost the immune system.
- Reducing pain: Like the common cold and flu, pain is often treated with drugs, which can have adverse side effects. In contrast, many herbal teas have properties that can help reduce pain without the negative side effects. Although research is still ongoing, studies show that ingredients such as nettle, ginger and turmeric can help mitigate aches and pains.
- Helps prevent chronic diseases: Herbal teas are often high in antioxidants, which work to scavenge free radicals throughout the body and prevent oxidative stress. Ingredients such as rooibos, ginger, blueberries, turmeric and olive leaf have a high concentration of antioxidants that have been shown to help prevent brain deterioration, osteoporosis and heart disease.
- Improves digestion: Infusions are beneficial to the digestive system as they can absorb gas, improve blood flow in the digestive tract, reduce inflammation and prevent indigestion. Infusions contain phenols, which can strengthen the muscles of the stomach and oesophagus, helping to reduce acid reflux and heartburn symptoms. Herbs such as fennel, peppermint, cumin, chamomile and anise are great allies of digestive health.
- Stimulates brain function: Drinking herbal teas regularly improves brain function by increasing blood flow to the brain, thus providing it with the nutrients and oxygen essential for a healthy mind. Ginger and lemon balm help to increase blood flow and stimulate the enzymes and receptors that control and emit nerve signals.
- Contains 0 calories: Infusions are a more flavourful and aromatic alternative to water, and like water, have no calories. So they are a great drink to keep us hydrated throughout the day, while at the same time benefiting from all their positive properties for our health.
Why organic herbal teas?
Did you know that most of the ingredients that make up the infusions are picked from the plant and dried, without going through a washing process? This means that the first time these ingredients are washed is in your cup. In addition, many of these ingredients are grown in countries where pesticides and fertilisers are not as strictly controlled as they are in the EU and Spain.
I ordered several teas, everything arrived perfect. I loved the presentation, the aroma and the taste great. I will order more again.
—M. Carmen M.
22 Noviembre 2021
Very good. I have just received my order and everything looks very good.
03 Noviembre 2021
Ideal gift, it saved my anniversary. My girlfriend was delighted and the quality of everything in the box is top notch.
—Javier B. C.
02 Noviembre 2021
As soon as you open the envelope and see the leaves of this tea, you can see the quality in the smell and colour. Very happy with my purchase, I recommend it to everyone.
—Beatriz Aguilera M.
26 Septiembre 2021
I have been a tea lover for years, I have just found this organic tea shop and it has been a great discovery. 100% recommendable
—José María C.
26 Octubre 2021
I received it as a gift along with the olive leaf tea and everything I need to prepare the tea and I am delighted. It is all of very good quality.
03 Noviembre 2021
Mainland Spain from €25. Balearic Islands and Portugal from 35€.
Secure Payment Guaranteed.
You can pay with Bizum, Card or Paypal. With SSL encryption.
All our teas, herbal teas and hygiene products are certified organic.