Jade Oolong Tea is known for its creamy taste, very different from darker, roasted oolongs. The carefully controlled partial oxidation process allows the leaves to develop an intense flavour and a slightly fruity, floral aroma, while maintaining a silky texture. This tea can be re-infused several times with the same leaves without losing its flavour and aromas.
What is oolong or blue tea?
Midway between black tea and green tea, oolong teas are partially oxidised. Depending on when the oxidation is interrupted, different types of oolong are obtained with a wide variety of flavours. The so-called Jade oolongs are more similar to green tea, while the more oxidised and darker oolongs have a roasted aroma and taste reminiscent of autumn and nuts.
How to prepare Organic Jade Oolong Tea
- Quantity: 12.5-15 g/liter
- Time: 3-5 minutes
- Temperature: 90°C
- Improves heart health: Several studies of regular oolong tea drinkers showed reductions in blood pressure and cholesterol levels, lowering the risk of heart disease. In a Japanese study of over 76,000 adults who drank oolong tea regularly, the risk of heart disease was reduced by up to 60%.
- Helps prevent diabetes:The polyphenolic antioxidants in oolong tea help lower blood sugar and insulin levels and reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Helps you lose weight: The combination of caffeine and polyphenols in oolong tea stimulate metabolism and activate the enzymes responsible for using stored fat for energy, helping to accelerate weight loss.
- Improves brain function: Oolong tea contains caffeine and an amino acid called L-theanine, which can improve alertness and concentration. L-theanine increases alpha activity in the brain, resulting in relaxation and better concentration. This may be why many people report a more stable energy boost after drinking tea, compared to other caffeinated beverages such as coffee.
- Protects and keeps teeth and bones strong: The antioxidants found in oolong tea may help keep teeth and bones strong. One study showed that people who drank oolong tea daily had 2% higher bone density. Another study of women after menopause found that those who drank oolong tea regularly had 4.5% higher bone density than those who did not drink tea.
Mainland Spain from €25. Balearic Islands and Portugal from 35€.
Secure Payment Guaranteed.
You can pay with Bizum, Card or Paypal. With SSL encryption.
All our teas, herbal teas and hygiene products are certified organic.