English Breakfast tea is a classic in the pantries of most tea lovers. The tea's rich history as the drink of choice for the UK's royal elite adds an air of romance and indulgence. With a caramel colour and intense flavour, this tea pairs perfectly with a little milk or lemon.
How to brew Organic English Breakfast Exquisite Tea
- Quantity: 1 teaspoon per cup (2 grams)
- Time: 3-5 minutes
- Temperature: 100ºC
- Antioxidant: Black tea contains polyphenols and flavonoids. Which have been shown to be potent antioxidants. Antioxidants are known to provide a host of health benefits. They can help eliminate free radicals and reduce damage to cells in the body, which translates into a reduced risk of chronic diseases.
- Helps reduce "bad" cholesterol: When we have a high content of "bad" cholesterol in the body, it can clog arteries, which can lead to heart problems and even strokes. Some studies have found that consuming black tea can reduce "bad" cholesterol by up to 11% in individuals with slightly elevated levels.
- Helps reduce the risk of stroke: A stroke can occur when a blood vessel in the brain becomes blocked or ruptures. The good news is that up to 80% of strokes can be prevented by controlling diet, physical activity and not smoking. A study of 74,000 people over 10 years concluded that those who drank black tea daily had a 32% lower risk of stroke than those who did not drink black tea.
- It can lower blood sugar levels: High blood sugar levels can increase the risk of health complications, such as type 2 diabetes, obesity, kidney failure or depression. When you eat sugar, your pancreas secretes insulin to transport the sugar to your muscles for use as energy. If you consume more sugar than your body needs, the excess sugar is stored as fat. Black tea is an excellent unsweetened beverage that has been found to help improve the body's use of insulin.
- It can improve concentration: Black tea contains caffeine and an amino acid called L-theanine, which can improve alertness and concentration. L-theanine increases alpha activity in the brain, resulting in relaxation and better concentration. This may be why many people report a more stable energy boost after drinking tea, compared to other caffeinated beverages such as coffee.
Mainland Spain from €25. Balearic Islands and Portugal from 35€.
Secure Payment Guaranteed.
You can pay with Bizum, Card or Paypal. With SSL encryption.
All our teas, herbal teas and hygiene products are certified organic.