This exotic chai tea blend is a luxurious combination of tender South African red and green rooibos leaves with delicious Indian spices such as cinnamon, cloves, fennel and cardamom. With a delicate blend of flavours, this amazing Chai is ideal to drink after lunch to ease digestion or on cold afternoons and evenings, without worrying about it making you sleepy as it is theine-free.
Chai tea is traditionally infused in hot milk, rather than water, although this tea can also be infused in water, creating a very different but equally enjoyable experience.
Origin of Chai Tea
Chai tea originated in India, traditionally used as a medicinal drink and it wasn't until the 20th century that it became a recreational drink. In India Chai tea is still consumed to aid digestion and create a sense of well-being.
How to prepare Organic Rooibos Chai
- Quantity: 1 teaspoon per cup (1-2 grams)
- Time: 5-8 minutes
- Temperature: 100°C
- Keeps the heart healthy: Chai tea contains cinnamon and black tea, both of which can help lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels. In some people, cinnamon has been shown to help reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) and triglyceride levels by up to 30%..
- Reduces blood sugar levels:The cinnamon and ginger present in chai tea can help increase insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar levels. For this it is important to check that the chai tea you buy does not contain sugar, as it is common to find highly sweetened chai tea blends.
- Reduces nausea and improves digestion: The ginger in chai tea is known for its anti-nausea effects. Cinnamon, cardamom and black pepper have antibacterial properties that help prevent digestive problems. Black pepper also increases levels of digestive enzymes, which are necessary to properly break down food and digest it optimally.
- Helps you lose weight: Chai tea contains several ingredients that can work together to promote weight loss, prevent weight gain and reduce the fat your body absorbs from food. Check again that the chai tea you use does not contain sugar, as some popular varieties contain significant amounts, which would likely counteract the benefits described above.
- Contains gingerol: The unique fragrance and flavour of ginger comes from its natural oils. Gingerol is the main bioactive compound in ginger and is responsible for many of its medicinal properties. Gingerol has potent anti-inflammatory effects and helps to reduce oxidative stress on cells, which is responsible for ageing and the onset of many diseases.
- Relieves nausea: Ginger helps to relieve nausea and vomiting, including those related to chemotherapy treatments, post-operative nausea and morning sickness.
- Helps weight loss: According to several studies, ginger helps reduce body mass index (BMI) and blood insulin levels in people with obesity.
- Reduces blood sugar levels: Ginger has been shown to lower blood sugar and improve several risk factors for heart disease in people with type 2 diabetes.
- Helps reduce indigestion and constipation: Several studies have shown that ginger speeds up stomach emptying, which is beneficial for people with indigestion or stomach upset.
Mainland Spain from €25. Balearic Islands and Portugal from 35€.
Secure Payment Guaranteed.
You can pay with Bizum, Card or Paypal. With SSL encryption.
All our teas, herbal teas and hygiene products are certified organic.