Red tea or Pu Erh is a fermented tea variety from Yunnan province, which is left to age and oxidise slowly. In recent years it has gained great popularity for its diuretic and medicinal properties:
- It promotes the elimination of toxins and prevents fluid retention
- It speeds up digestion by stimulating the elimination of fats.
- It contains high levels of antioxidants
- It reduces cholesterol levels in the blood.
Origin of Organic Pu Erh Red Tea
Red tea or pu erh belongs to the family of aged teas, also known as post-fermented teas or dark teas. It comes from the southern Chinese region of Yunnan, where ethnic minorities were the first to integrate this drink into their customs. Their complex processing method makes these teas the only ones that improve with time (like the best wines). Pu erh is the name of a village in Yunnan province, where farmers from the nearby mountains sent their crops for the production of this type of tea.
How to prepare Organic Pu Erh Red Tea
- Quantity: 12-15 g/liter
- Time: 3-5 minutes
- Temperature: 100°C
- Helps weight loss: Weight loss is the main reason for the popularity that red tea or pu erh has gained in recent years. Studies have shown that drinking red tea regularly helps to lose weight and reduce body mass index (BMI) by preventing the body from absorbing fats present in food.
- Reduces blood cholesterol: Regularly drinking red tea helps to reduce levels of "bad" cholesterol (LDL). This makes it play an important role in the prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
- Avoid fluid retention: Red tea is diuretic and detoxifying, in Chinese medicine it has been used for centuries as a remedy to purify the body naturally. In the West it has become very popular in recent years as it has been included in many cleansing or detox diets.
- It aids digestion of heavy meals: Numerous studies have shown that red tea aids in the digestion of fats and lipids. Red tea also balances the probiotics present in the gut, which is essential for maintaining the overall health of the digestive system.
- Strengthens the immune system: Like other teas, red tea or pu erh is rich in antioxidants, these components protect cells against damage caused by free radicals. According to several studies, free radicals are a major contributor to the onset of chronic diseases and ageing
Mainland Spain from €25. Balearic Islands and Portugal from 35€.
Secure Payment Guaranteed.
You can pay with Bizum, Card or Paypal. With SSL encryption.
All our teas, herbal teas and hygiene products are certified organic.