How to prepare Matcha Tea
To prepare matcha tea properly, you will need three essential utensils: a chawan (Japanese tea bowl), a chasen (bamboo matcha whisk) and a chashaku (bamboo measuring spoon).
- Heat the chawan and chasen with very hot water. Wait about 30 seconds, discard the water and carefully clean the chawan.
- Add two tablespoons with the chashaku to the bowl, about 1g, we recommend sieving it with the help of a sieve so that no lumps form when whisking.
- Pour 60ml of water over the matcha powder at about 75°C and whisk the tea with the chasen until dissolved and frothy.
- You can drink the matcha tea already, if you want it concentrated, add more water if you prefer it smoother or add 190ml of hot milk and whisk again to make a matcha latte.
If you would like to add a note or message to the gift box, you can do so on the cart page. To access this page just click on the cart icon at the top right and then click on "View Cart". Once on this page you will find the section where you can leave your message. This message can have a maximum of 90 characters so that it can be displayed correctly. There is no additional cost for this service.
The ingredients and other specifications of each product can be found on the individual product pages.
All our teas and herbal teas are organic and contain no chemicals or sugars, and the hygiene products are zero waste and not tested on animals.
Like green tea, matcha comes from the Camellia sinensis plant. However, it is cultivated differently. Farmers harvest the tea leaves 20 to 30 days earlier, this increases chlorophyll production and amino acid content in the plant, increasing the concentration of antioxidants and caffeine.
- High antioxidant content: Matcha tea contains catechins, which have been shown to be potent antioxidants. Antioxidants are known to provide a host of health benefits. They can help eliminate free radicals and reduce damage to cells in the body, which translates into a reduced risk of chronic diseases.
- Protects the liver:Studies show that matcha helps prevent liver damage and decreases the risk of liver-related diseases.
- Increases brain function: Matcha contains caffeine and an amino acid called L-theanine, which can improve alertness and concentration. L-theanine increases alpha activity in the brain, resulting in relaxation and better concentration. This may be why many people report a more stable energy boost after drinking matcha, compared to other caffeinated beverages such as coffee.
- Helps you lose weight: Matcha is known to help you lose weight, in fact, it is a common ingredient in a multitude of weight loss supplements. Scientific studies have revealed that consuming matcha increases calorie burning by speeding up metabolism.
- May promote heart health: Heart disease is the leading cause of death worldwide. Some studies have shown that drinking matcha tea can help protect the body against heart disease by reducing levels of bad LDL cholesterol and triglycerides.
Mainland Spain from €25. Balearic Islands and Portugal from 35€.
Secure Payment Guaranteed.
You can pay with Bizum, Card or Paypal. With SSL encryption.
All our teas, herbal teas and hygiene products are certified organic.